Personal data which we may collect
How we may use your Personal Data
We may process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Our company compliance and facility and network security purposes;
- Authorizing, granting, administering, monitoring, and terminating access to or use of SmileRescue systems, facilities, records, property, and infrastructure;
- Tracking your interactions with us;
- Auditing our programs and services for compliance purposes;
- Where we have Legal obligations to process the personal data;
- Statistical analysis, including analytics performed by our vendors;
- Website administration; and/or
Marketing Activities, including Third Party Cookie Tracking and Creating an Interest-based Profile related to your interactions with us or others
- For any additional purposes where we are required to notify you and get your consent, including those purposes required by local law, we will obtain your consent before we process your Personal Data for those purposes.
Legal basis for processing your Personal Data
The applicable legal basis for which we process your Personal Data for the specific purposes listed above, include:
- Based on your consent: In some cases, we may ask you for your consent to collect and process your Personal Data. If you choose to provide us with your consent, you may later withdraw your consent (or opt-out) by contacting us. Please note that if you withdraw your consent it will not affect any processing of your Personal Data that has already occurred. Where we process your Personal Data based on consent, we will provide more detailed information to you at the time when we obtain your consent.
- Compliance with applicable laws or performance of a contract: In specific circumstances, we may need to process your Personal Data to comply with a relevant law/regulation or to fulfill our obligations under a contract to which you are subject. Where we process your Personal Data to meet our legal obligations, you won't be permitted to object to this processing activity, but you will usually have the right to access or review this information unless it would impede our legal obligations.
- Where we are processing to fulfill our contract obligations under a contract where you are a party, you might not be able to object to this processing, or if you do choose to opt-out or object to our processing, it may impact our ability to perform a contractual obligation that you are owed.
- Our legitimate interest: We may process your Personal Data based on our legitimate interests in communicating with you and managing our interactions with you regarding our products and services, scientific research, and education opportunities. In addition to the other rights you may have described below, you have the right to object to such processing of your Personal Data. You can register your objection by contacting us in writing.
Use of Web Beacons to collect Personal Data
Our websites may use a technology known as web beacons that allows the collection of web log information. A web beacon is a tiny graphic on a website or e-mail message which is designed to track pages viewed or messages opened. Web log information is gathered when you visit one of our websites by the computer that hosts our website. On certain website pages or emails we send to you, we may utilize a technology called a web beacon. We may use web beacons to help determine which email messages sent by us were opened and whether a message was acted upon. Web beacons also help analyze the effectiveness of websites by measuring the number of visitors to a site or how many visitors clicked on key elements of a site.
This website may use a technology known as cookies to collect your Personal Data. A cookie is a small data file that a website places on your computer’s hard drive, where your internet browser files are kept. Cookies save you the trouble of reentering certain information in some registration areas because they can enable a site to remember information a visitor has previously inputted into that website. Cookies also helps deliver content used-specific information and track how sections of the website are being used. Cookies can be placed on your computer both by us or by third parties with whom we have a contractual relationship, such as web analytic services and advertising network services. With most Internet browsers or other software, you can change your browser settings to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please check your browser instructions to learn more about these functions. If you reject cookies, functionality of the site may be limited, and you may not be able to take advantage of many of the site's features.
How to prevent tracking of your Personal Data
There are several different ways you can prevent tracking of your online activity. One of them is setting a preference in your browser that alerts websites you visit that you don't want them to collect certain information about you. This is referred to as a Do-Not-Track (DNT) signal.
A. Opt-Out Provision
Google analytics offers an opt-out provision for website visitors who don't want their data to be collected. You can receive more information about this option here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
B. Google's Use of Personal Data
Social media plugins
We may use certain social media plugins to enable you to easily share information. When you visit our websites, the operator of the social media plugin that is on our website can place a cookie on your computer that recognizes individuals on their website who have previously visited our website. If you have previously logged into the social media website while browsing our website, social media plugins may allow that social media website to receive directly identifiable information about you that shows you have visited our website. The social media plugin may collect this information for visitors who have logged into social networks, whether or not they specifically interact with the plugin on our website. Social media plugins also allow the social media website to share information about your activities on our website with other users of their social media website. SmileRescue does not control any of the content from social media plugins. For more information about social plugins from social media websites you should refer to those sites’ privacy and data sharing statements.
Collection of Personal Data on minors
This website is not intended for or designed for use by individuals under the age of 16 without parental consent. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from any person under the age of consent.
Protecting your Personal Data
Sharing your Personal Data
We reserve the right to share or disclose your Personal Data with the following entities:
- Third parties with whom we contract to carry out services on our behalf to perform activities or functions related to the processing purposes regarding your Personal Data, such as our laboratory and finance companies. If we do share your Personal Data, we will require that these third parties acting on our behalf protect the confidentiality and security of your Personal Data that we share with them. Unless otherwise specifically stated in this Privacy Statement, these third parties must contractually agree that they will not use or disclose your Personal Data for any other purposes than necessary to provide us services, perform services on our behalf, or to comply with applicable laws or regulations.
- Government agencies, auditors, and authorities. We may disclose your Personal Data to government agencies, authorities, and auditors in response to authorized information requests or as otherwise required by laws, regulations, or industry codes.
Transferring your Personal Data
Retaining your Personal Data
The Personal Data which we collect will be maintained for the duration of your relationship with us. Please note that certain information could be retained for longer periods of time if we have continuing obligations to you or if required by local or state laws.
Links to 3rd party websites
Our website may contain links to other websites owned and operated by third parties that may offer useful information based on our beliefs. The policies and procedures which we describe do not apply to these third party websites. We are not responsible for the collection or use of Personal Data by or on any other third party website. Therefore, we disclaim any liability for any third party's use of Personal Data obtained through using any third party websites. For information on other websites privacy, security, data collection, and distribution policies it's best to directly contact those websites.
You have the right to see and get a copy of your Personal Data, including an electronic copy, that we have as well as to ask us to make any corrections to inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data we have about you. You can also request that we erase your Personal Data when it is no longer needed for the purposes for which you provided it, restrict how we process your Personal Data to certain limited purposes where erasure is not possible, or object to our processing of your Personal Data. In certain circumstances you may be able to request that we send a copy of your Personal Data to a third party of your choosing. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us in writing. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority where you believe that your rights have been violated.
Please contact us using the below information to:
File a concern or complaint;
Opt-out of a program or service; and/or
To exercise any of your rights listed above, including access, correction, portability, objection, restriction, and erasure.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
PO BOX 255
San Clemente, CA 92674